126. Repeal and saving.
(1) The Multi-State Co-operative Societies Act, 1984 (51 of 1984) is hereby repealed.
(2) Without prejudice to the provisions contained in the General Clauses Act, 1897 (10 of 1897) with respect to repeals, any notifications, rule, order, requirement, registration, certificate, notice, decision, direction, approval, authorisation, consent, application, request or thing made, issued given or done under the Multi-State Co-operative Societies Act, 1984 (51 of 1984) shall, if in force at the commencement of this Act, continue to be in force and have effect as if made, issued given or done under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
(3) Every multi-State co-operative society existing immediately before the commencement of this Act which has been registered under the Co-operative Societies Act, 1912 (2 of 1912) or under any other Act relating to co-operative societies in force, in any State or in pursuance of the provisions of the Multi-unitCo-operative Societies Act, 1942 (6 of 1942), or the Multi-State Co-operative Societies Act, 1984 (51 of 1984) shall be deemed to be registered under the corresponding provisions of this Act, and the bye-lawsof such society shall, in so far as they are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, or the rules, continue to be in force until altered or rescinded.
(4) All appointments, rules and orders made, all notifications and notices issued and all suits and other proceedings instituted under any of the Acts referred to in sub-section (1) shall, in so far as they are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, be deemed to have been respectively made, issued and instituted under this Act, save that an order made cancelling the registration of a multi-Stateco-operative society shall be deemed, unless the society has already been finally liquidated, to be an order made under section 86 for its being wound up.
(5) The provisions of this Act shall apply to
(a) any application for registration of a multi-State co-operative society;
(b) any application for registration of amendment of bye-laws of a multi-State co-operativesociety, pending at the commencement of this Act and to the proceedings consequent thereon and to any registration granted in pursuance thereof.
(6) Save as otherwise provided in this Act, any legal proceeding pending in any court or before the Central Registrar or any other authority at the commencement of this Act shall be continued to be in that court or before the Central Registrar or that authority as if this Act had not been passed.