Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act, 1984
Chapter XI: Appeals and Revision
1. Subject to the provisions of section 91, an appeal shall lie under this section against -
a. an order made by the Central Registrar under sub-section (2) of section 7 refusing to register a multi-State cooperative society;
b. an order made by the Central Registrar under sub-section (4) of section 9 refusing to register an amendment of the bye-laws of multi-State cooperative society;
c. a decision of a multi State cooperative society refusing or deemed to be refusing under sub-section (5) of section 19 to admit any person as a member of the society who is otherwise duly qualified for membership under the bye-laws of the society;
d. a decision of a multi-State cooperative society under sub-section (1) of section 21 expelling any of its members;
e. a decision of a multi-State cooperative society removing an elected members of a board under section 39;
f. an order made by the Central Registrar under section 40 removing a member from his office;
g. an order made by the Central Registrar under section 48 superseding the board of directors of a multi-State cooperative society;
h. an order made by the Central Registrar under section 71 apportioning the cost of an inquiry held under section 69 or an inspection made under section 70;
i. an order made under sub-section (2) of section 73;
j. a decision or order made under section 76;
k. an order made by the Central Registrar under section 77 directing the winding up of multi-State cooperative society;
l. an order made by the liquidator of a multi-State cooperative society under section 81;
m. an order under section 87 directing attachment of property before award.
2. An appeal against any decision or order under sub-section (1) shall be made within sixty day from the date of such decision or order,
a. if the decision or order was made by the Central Registrar, to the prescribed authority;
b. if the decision was made by a multi-State cooperative society (other than a national cooperative society), or a liquidator of such society, to the officer who is empowered to exercise the powers of the Central Registrar under sub-Section (2) of section 4; or
c. if the decision was made by a national cooperative society or a liquidator of such society, to the Central Registrar appointed under sub-section(1) of section 4.
3. The appellate authority may, if satisfied that the appellant was prevented by sufficient cause from preferring the appeal within the period of sixty days, admit the appeal within such further period not exceeding sixty days as that authority may deem fit.
4. In disposing of an appeal under this section, the appellate authority may, after giving the parties a reasonable opportunity of making their representations, pass such order thereon as that authority may deem fit.
5. The decision or order of the appellate authority on appeal shall be final.