The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
84. General conditions attaching to all permits.
The following shall be conditions of every permit--
- that the vehicle to which the permit relates carries valid certificate of fitness issued under section 56 and is at all times so maintained as to comply with the requirements of this Act and the rules made there under;
- That the vehicle to which the permit relates is not driven at a speed exceeding the speed permitted under this Act;
- that any prohibition or restriction imposed and any fares or freight fixed by notification made under section 67 are observed in connection with the vehicle to which the permit relates;
- That the vehicle to which the permit relates is not driven in contravention of the provisions of section 5 or section 113;
- that the provisions of this Act limiting the hours of work of drivers are observed in connection with any vehicle or vehicles to which the permit relates;
- That the provisions of Chapters X, XI and XII so far asthey apply to the holder of the permit are observed; and
- that the name and address of the operator shall be painted or otherwise firmly affixed to every vehicle to which the permit relates on the exterior of the body of that vehicle on both sides thereof in a colour or colours vividly contrasting to the colour of the vehicle centered as high as practicable below the window line in bold letters.