The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
77. Application for goods carriage permits.
An application for a permit to use a motor vehicle for the carriage of goods for hire or reward or for the carriage of goods for or in connection with a trade or business carried on by the applicant (in this Chapter referred to as a goods carriage permit) shall, as far as may be, contain the following particulars, namely:--
- The area or the route or routes to which the application relates;
- The type and capacity of the vehicle;
- The nature of the goods it is proposed to carry;
- The arrangements intended to be made for the housing, maintenances and repair of the vehicle and for the storage and safe custody of the goods;
- such particulars as the Regional Transport Authority may require with respect to any business as a carrier of goods for hire or reward carried on by the applicant at any time before the making of the application, and of the rates charged by the applicant;
- Particulars of any agreement, or arrangement, affecting in any material respect the provision within the region of the Regional Transport Authority of facilities for the transport of goods for hire or reward, entered into by the applicant with any other person by whom such facilities are provided, whether within or without the region;
- Any other particulars which may be prescribed.