The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
75. Scheme for renting of motor cabs.
- The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make a scheme for the purpose of regulating the business of renting of motor cabs to persons desiring to drive the cabs for their own use and for matters connected therewith.
- A scheme made under sub-section (1) may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
- Licensing of operators under the scheme including grant, renewal and revocation of such licences;
- form of application and form of licences and the particulars to be contained therein;
- fee to be paid with the application for such licences;
- The authorities to which the application shall be made;
- Condition subject to which such licences may be granted, renewed or revoked;
- Appeals against orders of refusal to grant or renew suchlicences and appeals against orders revoking such licences;
- Conditions subject to which motor cabs may be rented;
- Maintenance of records and inspection of such records;
- Such other matters as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this section.