The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
70. Application for stage carriage permits.
- An application for a permit in respect of a stage carriage (in this Chapter referred to as a stage carriage permit) or as a reserve stage carriage shall, as far as may be, contain the following particulars, namely:-
- the route or routes or the area or areas to which the application relates;
- the type and seating capacity of each such vehicle;
- the minimum and maximum number of daily trips proposed to be provided and the time-table of the normal trips.
Explanation.--For the purposes of this section, section 72 section 80 and section 102 "trip" means a single journey from one point to another, and every return journey shall be deemed to be a separate trip;
- the number of vehicles intended to be kept in reserve to maintain the service and to provide for special occasions;
- the arrangements intended to be made for the housing, maintenance and repair of the vehicles, for the comfort and convenience of passengers and for the storage and safe custody of luggage;
- Such other matters as may be prescribed.
- An application referred to in sub-section (1) shall be accompanied by such documents as may be prescribed.