The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
30. Grant of conductor's licence.
- Any person who possesses such minimum educational qualification as may be prescribed by the State Government and is not disqualified under sub-section (1) of section 31 and who is not for the time being disqualified for holding or obtaining a conductor's licence may apply to the licensing authority having jurisdiction in the area in which he ordinarily resides or carries on business for the issue to him of a conductor's licence.
- Every application under sub-section (1) shall be in such form and shall contain such information as may be prescribed.
- Every application for a conductor's licence shall be accompanied by a medical certificate in such form as may be prescribed, signed by a registered medical practitioner and shall also be accompanied by two clear copies of a recent photograph of the applicant.
- A conductor's licence issued under this Chapter shall be in such form and contain such particulars as may be prescribed and shall be effective throughout the State in which it is issued.
- The fee for a conductor's licence and for each renewal thereof shall be one-half of that for a driving licence.