The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
18. Driving licences to drive motor vehicles, belonging to the Central Government.
- Such authority as may be prescribed by the Central Government may issue driving licence valid throughout India to persons who have completed their eighteenth year to drive motor vehicles which are the property or for the time being under the exclusive control of the Central Government and are used for Government purposes relating to the defence of the country and unconnected with any commercial enterprise.
- A driving licence issued under this section shall specify the class or description of vehicle which the holder is entitled to drive and the period for which he is so entitled.
- A driving licence issued under this section shall not entitle the holder to drive any motor vehicle except a motor vehicle referred to in sub-section (1).
- The authority issuing any driving licence under this section shall, at the request of any State Government, furnish such Information respecting any person to whom a driving licence is issued as that Government may at any time require.