The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
176. Power of State Government to make rules.
A State Government may make rules for the purpose of carrying into effect the provisions of sections 165 to 174, and in particular, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
- The form of application for claims for compensation and the particulars it may contain, and the fees, if any, to be paidin respect of such applications;
- The procedure to be followed by a Claims Tribunal in holding an inquiry under this Chapter;
- T he powers vested in a Civil Court which may be exercised by a Claims Tribunal;
- The form and the manner in which and the fees (if any) on payment of which an appeal may be preferred against an award of a Claims Tribunal; and
- Any other matter which is to be, or may be, prescribed.