31. Relaxation of rules in special cases.
The Central Government may, if it is of opinion that in
the interests of mineral development it is necessary so to do, by order in writing and for reasons to be recorded, authorise in any case the grant, renewal or transfer of any 5[reconnaissance permit, prospecting
1. Ins. by Act 25 of 1994, s. 10 (w.e.f. 25-1-1994).
2. Subs. by Act 10 of 2015, s. 20, for section 30 (w.e.f. 12-1-2015).
3. Ins. by Act 15 of 1958, s. 2 (w.e.f. 15-5-1958).
4. Ins. by Act 10 of 2015, s. 21 (w.e.f. 12-1-2015).
5. Subs. by Act 38 of 1999, s. 23, for "prospecting licence or mining lease" (w.e.f. 18-12-1999).
licence or mining lease], or the working of any mine for the purpose of searching for or winning any mineral, on terms and conditions different from those laid down in the rules made under section 13.