8. Powers of special officer to enter, measure, etc.-
Any person in the service of the Government duly authorised in this behalf by a special order in writing of the Chief Inspector or of an Inspector may, for the purpose of surveying, leveling or measuring any mine 4[or any output therefrom], after giving not less than three days' notice to the manager of such mine, enter the mine and may survey, level or measure the mine or any part thereof 4[or any output therefrom] at any time by day or night: Provided that, where in the opinion of the Chief Inspector or of an Inspector an emergency exists, he may, by order in writing, authorise any such person to enter the mine for any of the aforesaid purposes without giving any such notice.
1. Ins. by Act 62 of 1959, s. 2 (w.e.f. 16-1-1960).
2. Subs. by s. 3, ibid., for s. 3 (w.e.f. 16-1-1960).
3. Subs. by Act 42 of 1983, s. 3, for "sections 7, 8, 9, 44, 45 and 46" (w.e.f. 31-5-1984).
4. Ins. by s. 3, ibid. (w.e.f. 31-5-1984).