2[6. Functions of Inspectors.-
(1) The Chief Inspector may, with the approval of the Central Government and subject to such restrictions or conditions as he may think fit to impose, by order in writing, authorise any Inspector named or any class of Inspectors specified in the order to exercise such of the powers of the Chief Inspector under this Act (other than those relating to appeals) as he may specify.
(2) The Chief Inspector may, by order in writing, prohibit or restrict the exercise by any Inspector named or any class of Inspectors specified in the order of any power conferred on Inspectors under this Act.
(3) Subject to the other provisions contained in this section, the Chief Inspector shall declare the local area or areas within which or the group or class of mines with respect to which Inspectors shall exercise their respective powers.]
1. Omitted by Act 42 of 1983, s. 2 (w.e.f. 31-5-1984).
2. Subs. by s. 2, ibid. for clause (j) (w.e.f 31-5-1984).