29. Compensatory days of rest.-
(1) Where in pursuance of action under section 38 or as a result of exempting any mine or the persons employed therein from the provisions of section 28, any person employed therein is deprived of any of the weekly days of rest for which provision is made in section 28, he shall be allowed, within the month in which such days of rest were due to him or within the two months immediately following that month, compensatory days of rest equal in number to the days of rest of which he has been deprived.
(2) The Central Government may prescribe the manner in which the days of rest for which provision is made in sub-section (1) shall be allowed.
1. Subs. by Act 42 of 1983, s. 18, for "section 13" (w.e.f. 31-5-1984).
2. The proviso added by Act 62 of 1959, s. 14 (w.e.f. 16-1-1960).
3. Subs. by s. 14, ibid., for the proviso (w.e.f. 16-1-1960).
4. Subs. by s. 14, ibid., for sub-section (3) (w.e.f. 16-1-1960).
5. Subs. by s. 15, ibid., for section 31 (w.e.f. 16-1-1960).