25. Notice of certain diseases.-
(1) Where any person employed in mine contracts any disease notified by the Central Government in the Official Gazette as a disease connected with mining operations, the owner, agent or manager of the mine, as the case may be, shall send notice thereof to the Chief Inspector and to such other authorities, in such form and within such time as may be prescribed.
(2) If any medical practitioner attends on a person who is or has been employed in a mine and who is or is believed by the medical practitioner to be suffering from any disease notified under sub-section (1), the medical practitioner shall without delay send a report in writing to the Chief Inspector stating-
(a) the name and address of the patient,
(b) the disease from which the patient is or is believed to be suffering, and
(c) the name and address of the mine in which the patient is or was last employed.
(3) Where the report under sub-section (2) is confirmed to the satisfaction of the Chief Inspector by the certificate of a certifying surgeon or otherwise that the person is suffering from a disease notified under sub-section (1), the Chief Inspector shall pay to the medical practitioner such fee as may be prescribed, and the fee so paid shall be recoverable as an arrear of land revenue from the owner, agent or manager of the mine in which the person contacted the disease.
(4) If any medical practitioner fails to comply with the provisions of sub-section (2), he shall be punishable with fine which may extend to fifty rupees.
1. Subs. by Act 62 of 1959, s. 13, for sub-section (1) (w.e.f. 16-1-1960).
2. Certain words omitted by s. 13, ibid. (w.e.f. 16-1-1960).