3[21. Medical appliances.-
(1) In every mine there shall be provided and maintained so as to be readily accessible during all working hours such number of first-aid boxes or cupboards equipped with such contents as may be prescribed.
(2) Nothing except the prescribed contents shall be kept in a first-aid box or cupboard or room.
(3) Every first-aid box or cupboard shall be kept in the charge of a responsible person who is trained in such first-aid treatment as may be prescribed and who shall always be readily available during the working hours of the mine.
(4) In every mine there shall be made so as to be readily available such arrangements as may be prescribed for the conveyance to hospitals or dispensaries of persons who, while employed in the mine, suffer bodily injury or become ill.
(5) In every mine wherein more than one hundred and fifty persons are employed, there shall be provided and maintained a first-aid room of such size with such equipment and in the charge of such medical and nursing staff as may be prescribed.
1. Subs. by Act 62 of 1959, s. 10, for sub-section (1) (w.e.f. 16-1-1960).
2. Subs. by Act 42 of 1983, s. 14, for "twenty feet" (w.e.f. 31-5-1984).
3. Subs. by Act 62 of 1959, s. 11, for sections 21 and 22 (w.e.f. 16-1-1960).