69. Travelling without proper pass or ticket or beyond authorised distance.
(1) If any passenger
(a) travels in a train without having a proper pass or ticket with him; or
(b) being in or having alighted from a train, fails or refuses to present for examination or to deliver up his pass or ticket immediately on requisition being made therefor under section 24, or travels in a train in contravention of the provisions of section 25, he shall be liable to pay, on demand of any metro railway official appointed by the metro railway administration in this behalf, the excess charge mentioned in sub-section (3) in addition to the ordinary single fare for the distance which he has travelled or, where there is any doubt as to the station from which he started, the ordinary single fare from the station from which the train originally started.
(2) If any passenger travels or attempts to travel in a carriage or by a train or travels in or on a carriage beyond the place authorised by his pass or ticket, he shall be liable to pay, on demand of any person appointed by the metro railway administration in this behalf, the excess charge mentioned insub-section (3) in addition to any difference between any fare paid by him and the fare payable in respect of the journey he has made.
(3) The excess charge referred to in sub-sections (1) and (2) shall be fifty rupees.
(4) If any passenger liable to pay the excess charge and fare mentioned in sub-section (1), or the excess charge and any difference of fare mentioned in sub-section (2), fails or refuses to pay the same on a demand being made therefor, any metro railway official authorised by the metro railway administration in this behalf may apply to any Metropolitan Magistrate for the recovery of the sum payable as if it were a fine, and the Magistrate if satisfied that the sum is payable shall order it to be so recovered, and may order that the person liable for the payment shall in default of payment suffer imprisonment for a term which may extend to one month.
(5) Any sum recovered under sub-section (4) shall, as and when it is recovered, be paid to the Consolidated Fund of India.