34. Constitution of Fare Fixation Committee.
(1) The Central Government may, from time to time, constitute a Fare Fixation Committee for the purpose of recommending fare for the carriage of passengers by the metro railway.
(2) The Fare Fixation Committee shall consist of a Chairperson and two other members.
(3) A person shall not be qualified for appointment as the Chairperson unless he is or has been a Judge of a High Court.
1[(4) The Central Government and the State Government shall nominate one member each to the Fare Fixation Committee:
Provided that a person who is or has been an Additional Secretary to the Government of India or holds or has held an equivalent post in the Central Government or the State Government shall be qualified to be nominated as a member.]
(5) A sitting Judge of a High Court shall be appointed after consultation with the Chief Justice of that High Court.