7. Publication of notification for acquisition.-
(1) On receipt of an application under section 6, the Central Government, after being satisfied that the requirement mentioned therein is for a public purpose may, by notification in the Official Gazette, declare its intention to acquire the land, building, street, road or passage, or the right of user, or the right in the nature of easement, therein referred to in the application.
(2) Every notification under sub-section (1) shall give a brief description of the land, building, street, road or passage.
(3) The competent authority shall cause the substance of the notification to be published in such places and in such manner as may be prescribed.
1. Subs. by Act 34 of 2009, s. 3, for "metropolitan city" (w.e.f. 7-9-2009).