4. Constitution of Advisory Board.-
(1) The Central Government may constitute an Advisory Board, for every metro railway for the purpose of assisting or advising that Government on-
(a) the formulation and co-ordination of plans for the development of metro railway and its expansion;
(b) the financing and execution of any project for the construction of the metro railway;
(c) such other matters as may be referred to it for carrying out the purposes of this Act and in particular for the purpose of ensuring that the functions of the metro railway administration are exercised with due regard to the circumstances or conditions prevailing in, and requirements of, the 1[metropolitan city, metropolitan area and the National Capital Region].
(2) The Advisory Board shall consist of such number of members (being officers of the Government) not exceeding nine as may be appointed to it by the Central Government.
(3) The Central Government shall appoint one of the members of the Advisory Board as its Chairman.
(4) The Central Government shall publish in the Official Gazette the names of all the members of the Advisory Board and the Chairman thereof.
(5) The Advisory Board shall meet at such times and places and shall observe such procedure in regard to the transaction of its business as may be prescribed.
(6) The members of the Advisory Board shall hold office for such term as may be prescribed.
1. Subs. by Act 34 of 2009, s. 3, for "metropolitan city" (w.e.f. 7-9-2009).