9. Power of Central Government to direct vesting of the undertaking of the Metal Corporation in a Government company.-
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in section 7, the Central Government may, if it is satisfied that a Government company is willing to comply, or has complied, with such terms and conditions as that Government may think fit to impose, direct, by any order in writing, that the undertaking of the Metal Corporation and the right, title and interest of the Metal Corporation in relation to such undertaking shall, instead of continuing to vest in the Central Government, vest in the Government company either on the date of publication of the direction or on such earlier or later date (not being a date earlier than the appointed day), as may be specified in the direction.
(2) Where the right, title and interest of the Metal Corporation in relation to its undertaking vest in a Government company under sub-section (1), the Government company shall, on and from the date of such vesting, be deemed to have become the lessee in relation to the mines of which the Metal Corporation was the lessee as if a mining lease in respect of such mines had been granted to the Government company, and the period of such lease shall be the entire period for which such lease could have been granted under the Mineral Concession Rules; and all the rights and liabilities of the Central Government in relation to such mines shall, on and from the date of such vesting, be deemed to have become the rights and liabilities, respectively, of the Government company.
(3) The provisions of sub-section (2) of section 8 shall apply to a lease which vests in a Government company as they apply to a lease which has vested in the Central Government and any reference therein to the Central Government shall be construed as a reference to the Government company. 7
(4) Any reference hereafter in this Act to the Government company shall be construed as a reference to the Government company which is appointed as the Administrator under sub-section (1) of section 5, or, as the case may be, the Government company referred to in the direction made under sub-section (1).