Name of ship
55. Rules as to name of ship.-
(1) An Indian ship shall not be described by any name other than that by which she is for the time being registered.
(2) The registrar may refuse the registry of any Indian ship by the name by which it is proposed to register the ship if that name is already borne by another ship or if the name be so similar as is calculated or likely to deceive.
(3) A change shall not be made in the name of an Indian ship except in the prescribed manner.
(4) If any person acts or suffers any person under his control to act in contravention of this section or omits to do or suffers any person under his control to omit to do anything required under this 1[section] the ship may be detained until the provisions of this section are complied with: Provided that nothing in this sub-section shall apply to a foreign ship which has become, and is sought to be registered as, an Indian ship.