136. Allotment notes respecting seaman's wages.-
(1) A seaman may require that a stipulation be inserted in the agreement for the allotment, by means of an allotment note, of any part (not exceeding three-fourths) of the amount of the monthly wages payable to him in favour of any such member of his family or any such relative or for any such purpose approved in this behalf by the Central Government by general or special order, as may be specified in the note.
(2) Every shipping master or other officer before whom the seaman is engaged shall, after the seaman has signed the agreement, inquire from the seaman whether he requires such a stipulation for the allotment of his wages by means of an allotment note.
(3) Whenever a seaman requires such a stipulation, the stipulation shall be inserted in the agreement of the crew, and such stipulation shall be deemed to have been agreed to by the master.
(4) An allotment note shall be in the prescribed form and shall be signed by the owner, master or agent of the ship and by the seaman.