12. Seamen's employment offices.-
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, establish at every port in India in which it thinks it necessary so to do, a seamen's employment office and shall appoint thereto a director and as many deputy directors and assistant directors as it may consider necessary.
(2) The directors, deputy directors and assistant directors shall exercise their powers and discharge their duties subject to the general control of the Central Government or of any intermediate authority which the Central Government may specify in this behalf.
(3) All acts done by or before a deputy or assistant director shall have the same effect as if done by or before a director for the purposes of this Act.
(4) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, direct that at any port at which no separate seamen's employment office is established, the functions of the seamen's employment office in that port shall be discharged by such person or body of persons as it may specify in the notification, and thereupon the office of the person or body of persons so specified shall be deemed to be the seamen's employment office established at that port for the purposes of this Act.