80. Proceedings before Board.-
(1) The Board, on receipt of an application under sub-section (1) of section 77, shall, subject to the provisions of this section, endeavour to hear and dispose of the same within a period of ninety days.
(2) The Board shall dispose of an application-
(a) for appointment of nominated representative under clause (d) of sub-section (4) of section 14;
(b) challenging admission of a minor under section 87;
(c) challenging supported admission under sub-section (10) or sub-section (11) of section 89, within period of seven days from the date of receipt of such applications.
(3) The Board shall dispose of an application challenging supported admission under section 90 within a period of twenty-one days from the date of receipt of the application.
(4) The Board shall dispose of an application, other than an application referred to in sub-section (3), within a period of ninety days from the date of filing of the application.
(5) The proceeding of the Board shall be held in camera.
(6) The Board shall not ordinarily grant an adjournment for the hearing.
(7) The parties to an application may appear in person or be represented by a counselor a representative of their choice.
(8) In respect of any application concerning a person with mental illness, the Board shall hold the hearings and conduct the proceedings at the mental health establishment where such person is admitted.
(9) The Board may allow any persons other than those directly interested with the application, with the permission of the person with mental illness and the chairperson of the Board, to attend the hearing.
(10) The person with mental illness whose matter is being heard shall have the right to give oral evidence to the Board, if such person desires to do so.
(11) The Board shall have the power to require the attendance and testimony of such other witnesses as it deems appropriate.
(12) The parties to a matter shall have the right to inspect any document relied upon by any other party in its submissions to the Board and may obtain copies of the same.
(13) The Board shall, within five days of the completion of the hearing, communicate its decision to the parties in writing.
(14) Any member who is directly or indirectly involved in a particular case, shall not sit on the Board during the hearings with respect to that case.