66. Procedure for registration, inspection and inquiry of mental health establishments.-
(1) The mental health establishment shall, for the purpose of registration, submit an application, in such form, accompanied with such details and fees, as may be prescribed, to the Authority.
(2) The mental health establishment may submit the application in person or by post or online.
(3) Every mental health establishment, existing on the date of commencement of this Act, shall, within a period of six months from the date of constitution of the Authority, submit an application for its provisional registration to the Authority.
(4) The Authority shall, within a period of ten days from the date of receipt of such application, issue to the mental health establishment a certificate of provisional registration in such form and containing such particulars and information as may be prescribed.
(5) The Authority shall not be required to conduct any inquiry prior to issue of provisional registration.
(6) The Authority shall, within a period of forty-five days from the date of provisional registration, publish in print and in digital form online, all particulars of the mental health establishment.
(7) A provisional registration shall be valid for a period of twelve months from the date of its issue and be renewable.
(8) Where standards for particular categories of mental health establishments have been specified under this Act, the mental health establishments in that category shall, within a period of six months from date of notifying such standards, apply for that category and obtain permanent registration.
(9) The Authority shall publish the standards in print and online in digital format.
(10) Until standards for particular categories of mental health establishments are specified under this Act, every mental health establishment shall, within thirty days before the expiry of the validity of certificate of provisional registration, apply for a renewal of provisional registration.
(11) If the application is made after the expiry of provisional registration, the Authority shall allow renewal of registration on payment of such fees, as may be prescribed.
(12) A mental health establishment shall make an application for permanent registration to the Authority in such form and accompanied with such fees as may be specified by regulations.
(13) The mental health establishment shall submit evidence that the establishment has complied with the specified minimum standards in such manner as may be specified by regulations by the Authority.
(14) As soon as the mental health establishment submits the required evidence of the mental health establishment having complied with the specified minimum standards, the Authority shall give public notice and display the same on its website for a period of thirty days, for filing objections, if any, in such manner as may be specified by regulations.
(15) The Authority shall, communicate the objections, if any, received within the period referred to in sub-section (14), to the mental health establishment for response within such period as the Authority may determine.
(16) The mental health establishment shall submit evidence of compliance with the standards with reference to the objections communicated to such establishment under sub-section (15), to the Authority within the specified period.
(17) The Authority shall on being satisfied that the mental health establishment fulfils the specified minimum standards for registration, grant permanent certificate of registration to such establishment.
(18) The Authority shall, within a period of forty-five days after the expiry of the period specified under this section, pass an order, either-
(a) grant permanent certificate of registration; or
(b) reject the application after recording the reasons thereof:
Provided that in case the Authority rejects the application under clause (b), it shall grant such period not exceeding six months, to the mental health establishment for rectification of the deficiencies which have led to rejection of the application and such establishment may apply afresh for registration.
(19) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section, if the Authority has neither communicated any objections received by it to the mental health establishment under sub-section (15), nor has passed an order under sub-section (18), the registration shall be deemed to have been granted by the Authority and the Authority shall provide a permanent certificate of registration.