8. Heads of Departments
(1) In the case of Departments which have more than one Professor the Head of the Department shall be appointed by the Executive Council on the recommendation of the Vice-Chancellor from among the Professors.
(2) In the case of Departments where there is no Professor or there is only one Professor, the Executive Council shall have the option to appoint, on the recommendation of the Vice-Chancellor, either the Professor or a Reader as the Head of the Department: Provided that it shall be open to a Professor or Reader to decline the offer of appointment as the Head of the Department.
(3) A person appointed as the Head of the Department shall hold office as such for a period of three years and shall be eligible for re-appointment.
(4) A Head of a Department may resign his office at any time during his tenure of office.
(5) A Head of a Department shall perform such duties as may be prescribed by the Ordinances.