7. Deans of Schools of Studies
(1) Every Dean of a School of Studies shall be appointed by the Vice-Chancellor from among the Professors in the School for a period of three years and he shall be eligible for re-appointment: Provided that a Dean on attaining the age of sixty five years shall cease to hold office as such: Provided further that if at any time there is no Dean in a School, the Vice-Chancellor, Pro-Vice-Chancellor or a Dean authorised by the Vice-Chancellor in this behalf, shall exercise the powers of the Dean of the School.
(2) When the office of the Dean is vacant or when the Dean is, by reason of illness, absence or any other cause, unable to perform duties of his office, the duties of the office shall be performed by such person as the Vice-Chancellor may appoint for the purpose.
(3) The Dean shall be the Head of the School and shall be responsible for the conduct and maintenance of the standards of teaching and research in the School and shall have such other functions as may be prescribed by the Ordinances.
(4) The Dean shall have the right to be present and to speak at any meeting of the Boards of Studies or Committees of the School, as the case may be, but shall not have the right to vote thereat unless he is a member thereof.