29. Maintenance of discipline among students of the University
(1) All powers relating to discipline and disciplinary action in relation to students of the University shall vest in the Vice-Chancellor.
(2) The Vice-Chancellor may delegate all or any of his powers as he deems proper to a Proctor and to such other officers as he may specify in this behalf.
(3) Without prejudice to the generality of his powers relating to the maintenance of discipline and taking such action, as may seem to him appropriate for the maintenance of discipline, the Vice-Chancellor may, in exercise of his powers, by order, direct that any student or students be expelled, or resticated, for a specified period, or be not admitted to a course or courses of study in an Institution or a Department of the University for stated period, or be punished with fine for an amount to be specified in the order, or be debarred from taking an examination or examinations conducted by the University, Institution or Department or a School for one or more years, or that the results of the student or students concerned in the examination or examinations in which he or they have appeared be cancelled.
(4) The Head of Institutions, Deans of Schools of Studies and Heads of teaching Departments in the University shall have the authority to exercise all such disciplinary powers over the students in their respective Institutions, Schools and teaching Departments in the University as may be necessary for the proper conduct of such Institutions, Schools and teaching Departments in the University.
(5) Without prejudice to the powers of the Vice-Chancellor, and other persons specified in clause (4), detailed rules of discipline and proper conduct shall be made by the University. The principals of Institutions, Deans of Schools of Studies and Heads of teaching Departments in the University may also make the supplementary rules as they deem necessary for the aforesaid purposes.