16. Schools of Studies and Departments
(1) The University shall have such Schools of Studies as may be specified in the Statutes.
(2) Every School shall have a School Board and the members of the first School Board shall be nominated by the Executive Council and shall hold office for a period of three years.
(3) The powers and functions of a School Board shall be prescribed by the Ordinances.
(4) The conduct of the meetings of a School Board and the quorum required for such meetings shall be prescribed by the Ordinances.
(5)(a) Each School shall consist of such Departments as may be assigned to it by the Ordinances: Provided that the Executive Council may, on the recommendation of the Academic Council, establish Centres of Studies to which may be assigned such teachers of the University as the Executive Council may consider necessary.
(b) Each Department shall consist of the following members, namely:-
(i) teachers of the Department;
(ii) persons conducting research in the Department;
(iii) Dean of the School;
(iv) Honorary Professors, if any, attached to the Department; and
(v) such other persons as may be members of the Department in accordance with the provisions of the Ordinances.