4. Grant of licences.-
(1) The owner of a foreign vessel or any other person [not being in either case any person to whom any of the descriptions specified in sub-items (1) to (3) of item (i) of sub-clause (II) of clause (e) of section 2 applies] who intends to use such vessel for fishing within any maritime zone of India, may make an application to the Central Government for the grant of a licence.
(2) Every application under sub-section (1) shall be in such form and shall be accompanied by such fees as may be prescribed.
(3) No licence shall be granted unless the Central Government, having regard to such matters as may be prescribed in the public interest in this behalf and after making such inquiry in respect of such other matters as may be relevant, is satisfied that the licence may be granted.
(4) Every order granting or rejecting an application for the issue of a licence shall be in writing.
(5) A licence granted under this section-
(a) shall be in such form as may be prescribed;
(b) shall be valid for such areas, for such period, for such method of fishing and for such purposes as may be specified therein;
(c) may be renewed from time to time; and
(d) shall be subject to such conditions and restrictions as may be prescribed and to such additional conditions and restrictions as may be specified therein. 4
(6) A person holding a licence under this section shall ensure that every person employed by him complies, in the course of such employment, with the provisions of this Act, or any rule or order made thereunder and the conditions of such licence.