7. Executive officers of the Authority and other staff.-
(1) The Central Government shall appoint a Director of Marine Products Export Development to exercise such powers and perform such duties under the Chairman as may be prescribed or as may be delegated to him by the Chairman.
(2) The Central Government shall appoint a Secretary to the Authority to exercise such powers and perform such duties under the Chairman as may be prescribed or as may be delegated to him by the Chairman.
(3) The Director and the Secretary to the Authority shall be entitled to such salaries and allowances and such conditions of service in respect of leave, pension, provident fund and other matters as may be fixed by the Central Government.
(4) Subject to such control and restrictions as may be prescribed, the Authority may appoint such other officers and employees as may be necessary for the efficient performance of its functions and pay them such salaries and allowances as it may determine from time to time.
(5) The Chairman, the Director, the Secretary and other employees of the Authority shall not undertake any work unconnected with their duties under this Act except with the permission of the Central Government.