6. Method of assessing compensation.-
(1) The Collector of the district in which any area utilised for the purpose of manoeuvres is situated shall depute one or more Revenue Officers to accompany the forces engaged in the manoeuvres for the purpose of determining the amount of any compensation payable under section 5.
(2) The Revenue Officer shall consider all claims for compensation under section 5 and determine, on local investigation and where possible after hearing the claimant, the amount of compensation, if any, which shall be awarded in each case; and shall disburse on the spot to the claimant the compensation so determined as payable.
(3) Any claimant, dissatisfied with a refusal of the Revenue Officer to award him compensation or with the amount of compensation awarded to him by the Revenue Officer, may, at any time within fifteen days from the communication to him of the decision of the Revenue Officer, give notice to the Revenue Officer of his intention to appeal against the decision.
(4) Where any such notice has been given, the Collector of the district shall constitute a commission consisting of himself as chairman, a person nominated by the Officer Commanding the forces engaged in the manoeuvres and two persons nominated by the District Board, and the commission shall decide all appeals of which notice has been given.
(5) The commission may exercise its powers notwithstanding the absence of any member of the commission, and the chairman of the commission shall have a casting vote in the case of an equal division of opinion.
(6) The decision of the commission shall be final and no suit shall lie in any Civil Court in respect of any matter decided by the commission.
(7) No fee shall be charged in connection with any claim, notice, appeal, application or document filed before the Revenue Officer, Collector or the commission under this section.