3. Powers exercisable for purposes of maneuvers.-
(1) Where a notification under sub-section (1) of section 2 has been issued, such persons as are included in the military forces engaged in the manoeuvres may, within the specified limits and during the specified periods,-
(a) pass over, or encamp, construct military works of a temporary character, or execute military manoeuvres on, the area specified in the notification, and
(b) supply themselves with water from any source of water in such area: Provided that nothing herein contained shall authorise the taking of water from any source of supply, whether belonging to a private owner or a public authority, of an amount in excess of the reasonable requirements of the military forces or of such amount as to curtail the supply ordinarily required by those entitled to the use of such water supply.
(2) The provisions of sub-section (1) shall not authorise entry on or interference with any well or tank held sacred by any religious community or any place of worship or ground attached thereto except for the legitimate purpose of offering prayers or any place or building reserved or used for the disposal of the dead, or any dwelling house or premises attached thereto or any educational institution, factory, workshop or store or any premises used for the carrying on of any trade, business or manufacture or any garden or pleasure ground, or any ancient monument as defined in section 2 of the Ancient Monuments Preservation Act, l904 (7 of 1904).
1. The Act has been extended in its application to Goa, Daman and Diu by Reg. 12 of 1962, s. 3 and Sch., Dadra and Nagar Haveli by Reg. 6 of 1963, s. 2 and Sch. I (w.e.f. 1-7-1965), to Pondicherry on 1-10-1963, vide Reg. 7 of 1963, s. 3 and Sch. I and to the whole of the Union territory of Lakshadweep by Reg. 8 of 1965, s. 3 and Sch. (w.e.f. 1-10-1967).
2. The words "except Part B States" omitted by Act 3 of 1951, s. 3 and the Schedule (w.e.f. 1-4-1951).