The Manipur University Act, 2005
3. Establishment of the University.-
(1) The Manipur University in the State of Manipur, established under the Manipur University Act, 1980 (Manipur Act 8 of 1980), shall be established as a body corporate under this Act by the same name of "Manipur University".
(2) The first Chancellor, the first Vice-Chancellor and the first members of the Court, the Executive Council and the Academic Council, and all persons who may hereafter become such officers or members, so long as they continue to hold such office or membership, shall constitute the University.
(3) The University shall have perpetual succession and a common seal and shall sue and be sued by the said name.
(4) The headquarters of the University shall be at Imphal.