5. Registration of dealers.-
(1) Every dealer shall, within such time as may be prescribed for the purpose, make an application for registration under this Act to the Commissioner, and every such application shall contain such particulars and shall be accompanied by such fees as may be prescribed.
(2) Where a dealer has more than one place of business whether in the same town or village or in different towns or villages, he shall apply for registration and obtain a separate registration certificate in respect of each such place of business.
(3) If the Commissioner is satisfied that the application is in conformity with the provisions of this Act and the rules made thereunder, he shall register the applicant and grant him a certificate of registration in the prescribed form which shall specify the class or classes of goods in which the dealer carries on business, and such other particulars as may be prescribed for the purposes of sub-section (1) of section 3.
(4) A certificate of registration granted under this section may either on the application of the dealer to whom it has been granted, or, where no such application has been made, after due notice to the dealer, be amended by the Commissioner if he is satisfied that by reason of the dealer having changed the name, place or nature of his business or the class or classes of goods in which he carries on business or for any other reason, the certificate of registration granted to him requires to be amended.
(5) No dealer shall carry on business in taxable goods without, or otherwise than in accordance, with the terms of, a certificate of registration.