98. State Election Commission.
(1) There shall be a State Election Commission constituted by the Government for superintendence, direction and control of the preparation of electoral rolls for, and the conduct of all elections to the Panchayat bodies in the State under this Act and the rules made thereunder.
(2) The Commission shall consist of a State Election Commissioner to be appointed by the Governor.
(3) The conditions of services and tenure of office of the State Election Commissioner shall be such as the Governor may by rule determine:
Provided that the State Election Commissioner shall not be removed from his office except in like manner and on the like grounds as a Judge of the High Court and the conditions of service of the State Election Commissioner shall not be varied to his disadvantage after his appointment.
(4) The Government shall, when so requested by the State Election Commission, make available to the State Election Commission such staff as may be necessary for the discharge of the functions conferred on the State Election Commission under this Act.