79. Powers of Gram Panchayats to make bye-laws.
(1) A Gram Panchayat may, subject to the provisions of this Act and the rules made thereunder and with the previous sanction of the Zilla Parishad make bye-laws to carry out the purposes of this Act.
(2) In making any bye-laws under sub-section (1) the Gram Panchayat may provide that a contravention thereof shall be punishable with such fine as may be prescribed.
(3) Any such bye-law may also provide that a person contravening the same shall be required to remedy so far as it lies in his power, the mischief, if any, caused by such contravention.
(4) All bye-laws made under this section shall be subject to the condition of previous publication and such publication shall be in such manner as may be prescribed.