76. Functions of the Chief Executive officer and other officers.
(1) Save as otherwise expressly provided by or under this Act, the Chief Executive Officer shall,
(a) carry out the policies and directions of the Zilla Parishad and take necessary measures for the speedy execution of all works and developmental schemes of Zilla Parishad;
(b) discharge the duties imposed upon him, by or under this Act or the rules and regulations made thereunder;
(c) control the officers and servants of the Zilla Parishad subject to the general superintendence and control of the Zilla Adhyaksha and under such rules as may be prescribed;
(d) have custody of all papers and documents relating to Zilla Parishad; and
(e) draw and disburse money out of the Zilla Parishad Funds and exercise such other powers and perform such other functions as may be prescribed.
(2) The Chief Executive Officer shall attend every meeting of the Zilla Parishad and may take part in the discussion but shall not have the right to move any resolution or to vote. If in the opinion of the Chief Executive Officer any proposal before the Zilla Parishad is violative of or is inconsistent with the provisions of this Act or any other law or the rules made thereunder, it shall be his duty to bring the same to the notice of the Zilla Parishad.
(3) The Chief Accounts Officer shall advise the Zilla Parishad in matters of financial policy and shall be responsible for all matters relating to the accounts of the Zilla Parishad including preparation of accounts and the budget.
(4) The Chief Accounts Officer shall ensure that no expenditure is incurred except under proper sanction and in accordance with this Act and the rules and regulations made thereunder and shall disallow any expenditure not warranted by the Act or rules and regulations or for which no provision is made in the budget.
(5) The Additional Chief Executive Officer shall assist the Chief Executive Officer in the performance of his duties.
(6) The Chief Planning Officer shall advise the Zilla Parishad in matters of plan formulation and shall be responsible for all matters relating to planning of the Zilla Parishad including the preparation of plans of economic development and social justice and annual plan of the district.