68. Power to acquire, hold and dispose of property.
(1) A Zilla Parishad shall have the power to acquire, hold and dispose of property and to enter into contracts:
Provided that in all cases of acquisition or disposal of immovable property the Zilla Parishad shall obtain the previous approval of the Government.
(2) All roads, buildings or other works constructed by a Zilla Parishad with its own funds shall vest in it.
(3) The Government may allocate to a Zilla Parishad any public property situated within its jurisdiction, and thereupon such property shall vest in the Zilla Parishad.
(4) Where a Zilla Parishad requires land to carry out any of the purposes of this Act, it may negotiate with the person or persons having in the said land, and if it fails to reach an agreement, it may make an application to the Deputy Commissioner for the acquisition of the land and the Deputy Commissioner may, if he is satisfied that the land is required for a public purpose, take steps to acquire the land under the provisions of the Land Acquisition Act, 1894 (1 of 1894) and such land shall on acquisition, vest in the Zilla Parishad.