66. Functions of the Standing Committee.
(1) The General Standing Committee shall perform functions relating to the establishment matters and functions relating to communication, buildings, rural housing, village extensions, relief against the natural calamities and allied matters and all other matters.
(2) The Finance, Audit and Planning Committee shall perform the functions relating to:
(a) the finances of the Zilla Parishad, framing of Budgets, scrutinising proposals for increase of revenue, examination of receipts and expenditure statements, consideration of all proposals affecting the finances of the Zilla Parishad and general supervision, of the revenue and expenditure of the Zilla Parishad;
(b) the plan priorities, allocation of outlays to developments, horizontal and vertical linkages, implementation of guidelines issued by the Government, regular review of planning programmes, evaluation of important programmes and small savings schemes.
(3) The Social Justice Committee shall perform functions relating to:
(a) promotion of education, economic, social, cultural and other interests of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Backward Classes;
(b) protecting them from social injustice and all other forms of exploitation;
(c) amelioration, of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and Backward Classes;
(d) securing social justice to the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, women and other weaker sections of the society.
(4) The Education and Health Committee shall:
(a) be incharge of all educational activities of the Zilla. Parishad;
(b) undertake the planning of education in the district within the framework of the national policy and the national and state plans;
(c) survey and evaluate the educational activities of the Zilla Parishad;
(d) perform such other duties pertaining to education, adult literacy and cultural activities as the Zilla Parishad may assign to it;
(e) health services, hospitals, water supply, family welfare and other related matters. (5) The Agriculture and Industry Committee shall perform functions relating to:
(a) agricultural production, animal husbandry, co-operation, contour bunding and reclamation;
(b) village and cottage industries; and
(c) promotion of industrial development of the district.
(6) The Works Committee shall perform functions relating to maintenance of:
(a) roads including district roads, bridges, culverts;
(b) maintenance of buildings under its control or transferred by the Government or any public authority; and
(c) maintenance of boats, ferries, waterways.
(7) The Standing Committee referred to in sub-sections (1) to (6) shall perform the functions referred to above to the extent the powers are delegated to them by the Zilla Parishad.
(8) The Standing Committees shall perform in respect of matters assigned to them such additional duties as may be prescribed.