65. Standing Committees.
(1) The Zilla Parishad shall have the following Standing Committees,
(a) General Standing Committee;
(b) Finance, Audit and Planning Committee;
(c) Social Justice Committee;
(d) Education and Health Committee;
(e) Agriculture and Industries Committee; and
(f) Works Committee.
(2) Each Standing Committee shall consist of such number of members not exceeding five including the Chairman elected by the members of Zilla Parishad from amongst the elected members.
(3) The Adhyaksha shall be the ex officio member and Chairman of the General Standing Committee and the Finance, Audit and Planning Committee. The Up-Adhyaksha shall be the ex officio member and Chairman of the Social Justice Committee. The other Standing Committee shall elect the Chairman from among their members.
(4) No member of the Zilla Parishad shall be eligible to serve not more than two Standing Committees.
(5) The Chief Executive Officer shall be the ex officio Secretary of the General Standing Committee and the Finance, Audit and Planning Committee and he shall nominate one of the Deputy Secretaries asex officio Secretary for each of the remaining Standing Committees. The Chief Executive Officer shall be entitled to attend the meetings of all the Standing Committees.