59. Meeting of the Zilla Parishad.
(1) Every Zilla Parishad shall hold meetings at least once in every three months, at such time and at such place within the local limits of the district concerned as the Zilla Parishad may fix at the immediately preceding meeting:
Provided that the first meeting of a newly constituted Zilla Parishad shall be held at such time and at such place within the local limits of the district concerned, as the prescribed authority may fix:
Provided further that the Adhyaksha when required in writing by one fifth of the members of the Zilla Parishad to call a meeting he shall do so within ten days, failing which the aforesaid members may call a meeting after giving intimation to the prescribed authority and seven clear days notice to the Adhyaksha and the other members of the Zilla Parishad.
(2) One-third of the total number of members of the Zilla Parishad shall form a quorum for transacting the business at the meeting of the Zilla Parishad.
(3) All questions coming before the Zilla Parishad shall be decided, by a majority of votes and in case of equality of votes, the Adhyaksha or the member presiding shall have a casting vote.
(4) Every meeting shall be presided over by the Adhyaksha or if he is absent by the Up-Adhyakshaand if both the Adhyaksha and the Up-Adhyaksha are absent or if the Adhyaksha is absent and there is no Up-Adhyaksha the members present shall elect one from among themselves to preside over the meeting.