57. Resignation or removal of the Adhyaksha and Up-Adhyaksha.
(1) The Adhyaksha may resign his office by writing under his hand addressed to the Commissioner, and the Up-Adhyaksha may resign his office by writing under his hand addressed to the Adhyaksha.
(2) Every resignation under sub-section (1) shall take effect on the expiry of fifteen days from the date of its receipt by the prescribed authority, unless within this period of fifteen days he withdraws such resignation by writing under his hand addressed to the prescribed authority.
(3) Every Adhyaksha or Up-Adhyaksha shall vacate the office if he ceases to be a member of the Zilla Parishad.
(4) Every Adhyaksha or Up-Adhyaksha shall be deemed to have vacated his office forthwith if a resolution expressing want of confidence in him is passed by a majority of the total number of elected members of the territorial constituencies of the Zilla Parishad at a meeting specially convened for the purpose. The requisition for such a special meeting shall be signed by not less than one-fifth of the total membership of the Zilla Parishad and shall be delivered to the Adhyaksha. The Adhyaksha shall, within seven days from the date of receipt of the requisition, convene a special meeting of the Zilla Parishad.
The meeting shall be held on a day not later than fifteen days from the date of issue of the notice of the meeting. The meeting shall be presided over by the Adhyaksha, if the motion is against theUp-Adhyaksha and in the case of Adhyaksha, the Up-Adhyaksha shall preside over the meeting, if it is against both, a member nominated from amongst themselves by the members present in such meeting shall preside over such meeting. In the initial two years of their term as Adhyaksha or Up-Adhyaksha, as the case may be, of Zilla Parishad, no motion of no-confidence shall be brought against them.
(5) If the motion of no-confidence against the Adhyaksha or Up-Adhyaksha or both is once rejected, no fresh motion of no-confidence against the Adhyaksha or Up-Adhyaksha or both, as the case may be, shall be brought before the Zilla Parishad within a period of one year from the date of such rejection of the motion.