32. Meeting of Gram Panchayat.
(1) A Gram Panchayat shall meet for the transaction of business at least once in two months at the office of the Gram Panchayat and at such time as the Pradhan may determine.
(2) The Pradhan may, whenever he thinks fit, and shall, upon the written request of not less thanone-third of the total number of members and on a date within fifteen days from the receipt of such request, call a special meeting.
(3) Seven clear days' notice of an ordinary meeting and three clear days notice of a special meeting specifying the place, date and time of such meeting and business to be transacted thereat, shall be given by the Secretary to the members and such officers as the Government may prescribe, and affixed on the notice board of the Gram Panchayat.
(4) The officers to whom notice is given under sub-section (3) and other Government officers having jurisdiction over the Gram Panchayat area or any part thereof shall be entitled to attend every meeting of Gram Panchayat and take part in the proceedings but shall not be entitled to vote.
(5) If the Pradhan fails to call a special meeting as provided in sub-section (2), the Up-Pradhan or, in his absence, one-third of the total number of members may call such a meeting for a day not more than fifteen days thereafter and require the Secretary to give notice to the members and to take such action as may be necessary to convene the meeting.