30. No confidence motion against the Pradhan and Up-Pradhan.
(1) Every Pradhan and every Up-Pradhan shall be deemed to have vacated his office forthwith if a resolution expressing want of confidence in him is passed by a majority of not less than two-third of the members of the Gram Panchayat present and voting, at a meeting specially convened for the purpose. The requisition for such a special meeting shall be signed by not less than half of the total number of members of the Gram Panchayat and shall be delivered to the prescribed authority. The prescribed authority shall within seven days from the date of the receipt of the requisition, convene a special meeting of the Gram Panchayat. The meeting shall be held on a day not later than fifteen days from the date of issue of the notice of the meeting. The meeting shall be presided over by the prescribed authority. In the initial two years of their term as Pradhan and Up-Pradhan of a Gram Panchayat on such motion of no confidence shall be moved against them. If the motion of no confidence is once rejected, no fresh motion of no confidence shall be brought before the Gram Panchayat within a period of one year from the date of such rejection of the motion.
(2) Without prejudice to the provisions under this Act, a Pradhan and Up-Pradhan may be removed from office by the Government for misconduct in the discharge of his duties or neglect or, incapacity to perform his duties or for being persistently remiss in the discharge thereof, or guilty of any disgraceful conduct:
Provided that, no such Pradhan, or Up-Pradhan be removed from office unless he has been given a reasonable opportunity to defend himself.
(3) The Pradhan or Up-Pradhan removed under sub-section (2) shall not be eligible for re-election as Pradhan or Up-Pradhan during the remaining term of office.
(4) A Pradhan or Up-Pradhan removed from his office under sub-section (2) shall cease to be a member of the Gram Panchayat.