13. Constitution of Gram Panchayat.
(1) There shall be constituted a Gram Panchayat for every Gram Sabha.
(2) The Gram Panchayat constituted under sub-section (1) shall be notified in the Official Gazette and shall be deemed to have been constituted from the date of its first meeting.
(3) Every person shall be entitled to be included in the list of electors of Gram Panchayat if he is not less than eighteen years of age on the date of its publication under sub-section (1) and is ordinarily resident within the area of the Gram Panchayat:
Provided that no person shall be entitled to be included in the list of the electors of any Gram Panchayat for more than one Gram Panchayat and no person shall be entitled to be included in the electoral roll of any Gram Panchayat for more than once:
Provided further that if the applicant is included in the electoral roll of any other Gram Panchayat, the officer who includes his name shall inform the officer publishing the electoral roll of that other Gram Panchayat and that the other officer shall, on receipt of the information, strike off the applicant's name from that list.
For the purpose of this sub-section, the expression "ordinarily resident" shall have the same meaning as has been given in section 20 of the Representation of the People Act, 1950 (43 of 1950).
(4) The name of any person included in the list of electors who becomes disqualified at any time after his name was entered in the list, shall forthwith be struck-off from the list in which it is included:
Provided that the name of any person struck-off from the electoral roll by reason of disqualification under clause (c) of sub-section (2) of section 3 shall forthwith be re-instated if such person ceases to become disqualified.
(5) An appeal shall be made within such time and in such manner and to such authority as may be prescribed against any order passed under sub-sections (2) and (4).