56. Appointment of Committees.
(1) The Nagar Panchayat or the Council at a meeting may appoint, from time to time, committees to be called "Standing Committee" to assist it in the discharge of any specific duties devolved upon it under this Act, within the whole or any portion of the municipality and may delegate to any such committee all or any of its powers which may be necessary for the purpose of rendering such assistance, or withdraw all or any such powers, so delegated.
(2) Each Committee shall consist of Councillors and, when necessary, of such residents with special qualification when the Nagar Panchayat or the Council at a meeting desires to appoint, in such a case the number of Councillors shall not be less than two-thirds of the total number of the members of the Committee:
Provided that no Councillor who has been appointed as a member of one committee, shall be appointed as such in another committee at a time.
(3) The members of such committees shall be liable to all the obligations imposed by this Act on the Councillors of the Nagar Panchayat or of the Council in respect of such powers as may be delegated to them.
(4) All the proceedings of any such committee shall be subject to confirmation by the Nagar Panchayat or the Council at a meeting.
(5) All questions connected with the removal or resignation of members of committee shall be settled by the Nagar Panchayat or the Council at a meeting.