49. Meeting of a Nagar Panchayat or of a Council.
(1) There shall be at least one meeting of the Nagar Panchayat or the Council for transaction of its business in every month to be held on such date as is fixed by the Nagar Panchayat or the Council at a special meeting convened for the purpose, at the municipal office, if any, or other convenient place of which notice has been duly given.
(2) If there be no business to be laid before the Nagar Panchayat or the Council at any monthly meeting, the Chairperson shall, instead of calling the meeting, give notice of the fact to each Councillor three days before the date which is fixed for the monthly meeting.
(3) The Chairperson, or in his absence the Vice-Chairperson may, on a written requisition of not not less than one-half of the total number of Councillors, call a special meeting.
(4) If the Chairperson or the Vice-Chairperson, as the case may be, fails to call a special meeting within fifteen days after any such requisition has been made, the meeting may be called by the Councillors who made the requisition.