32. Grant of leave of absence to Chairperson or Vice-Chairperson.
(1) The Nagar Panchayat or the Council, as the case may be, may, from time to time, grant such leave of absence to the Chairperson or the Vice-Chairperson as it may deem fit.
(2) If a Chairperson or a Vice-Chairperson remains absent from office owing to illness or any other cause for a period exceeding three months without the leave of the Nagar Panchayat or the Council, as the case may be, he shall cease to be Chairperson or Vice-Chairperson, as the case may be, and his office shall become vacant.
(3) During the absence on leave of the Chairperson, the Vice-Chairperson and in the like event in the case of a Vice-Chairperson such one of the Councillors as may be elected by them to act as Vice-Chairperson, shall discharge the functions of the Chairperson or the Vice-Chairperson, as the case may be.
(4) The Vice-Chairperson or the Councillor shall, during and in respect of the period in which he is acting as, or discharging the function of Chairperson or Vice-Chairperson, as the case may be, exercise the powers conferred and perform the duties imposed on a Chairperson or a Vice-Chairperson by or under this Act or by any other law for the time being in force.