227. District Planning Committee.
(1) The District Planning Committee constituted under section 96 of the Manipur Panchayati Raj Act, 1994 (26 of 1994) shall also be the District Planning Committee for the purposes of this Act.
(2) The District Planning Committee shall consist
(a) members of House of the People who represent the whole or part of the district;
(b) all the members of the State Legislative Assembly whose constituencies lie within the district;
(c) Adhyaksha of the Zilla Parishad;
(d) Mayor or the President of the Municipal Corpoaration or the Municipal Council respectively, having jurisdiction over the headquarters of the District; and
For the purposes of this clause, "Mayor or the President" shall mean the Chairperson of the Municipal Council or, as the case may be, of the Municipal Corporation;
(e) such number of persons not less than four-fifth of the total number of members of the Committee as may be specified by the Government elected in the prescribed manner from amongst the members of the Zilla Parishad, Nagar Panchayat and Councillors of the Municipal Corporation and the Municipal Councils in the district, in proportion to the ratio between the population of the rural areas and of the urban areas in the district.
(3) The Chairman of the District Co-operative Banks and of the Development Bank shall be permanent invitees of the Committee.
(4) The Chief Executive Officers shall be the Secretary of the Committee.
(5) The Deputy Commissioner for the Districts shall be the Chairman District Planning Committee.
(6) The District Planning Committee shall consolidate the plans prepared by the Zilla Parishad, Gram Panchayat, Nagar Panchayat, Municipal Council and the Municipal Corporation in the district and prepare a draft development plan for the district as a whole.
(7) Every District Planning Committee shall in preparing the draft development plan
(a) have regard to
(i) the matters of common interest between the Zilla Parishad, Gram Panchayats, Nagar Panchayats, Municipal Corporation and Municipal Councils in the district including spatial planning sharing of water and other physical and natural resource, the integrated development of infrastructure and environmental conservation,
(ii) the extent and type of available resources whether financial or otherwise;
(b) consult such institutions and organisations as the Government may by order specify.
(8) The Chairman of every District Planning Committee shall forward the development plan, as recommended by such Committee to the Government.